- 2 X-Border Corridors
- 6 Pre-deployment Trial Sites
- International Cooperation with China & South Korea
5G-MOBIX trial sites include two Cross-Border Corridors (Greece-Turkey and Spain-Portugal) and six local Trial Sites in France, Germany, Netherlands, Finland, China and South Korea, which are bringing complementary insights to the cross-border issues trialed at the Corridors.
These fully functional trial sites are capable of supporting advanced 5G enabled connected automated mobility (CAM) functionalities, based on the development, deployment and integration of:
• 10 5G-NSA & 3 5G-SA fully operational networks
• 24 5G fully operational gNBs operating in multiple bands including mmW bands
• 17 SAE Level 3+ vehicles
• 21 On-Board Units (OBUs) equipped with 5G chipsets
• 22 MEC/Edge nodes connected to the 5G networks
• 18 fully operational Road-Side Units (RSUs)
• 11 ITS / Cloud application centres;
• A multitude of embedded sensors & specialized equipment such as lasers, lidars, traffic radars, UHD cameras, proximity sensors, x-ray scanners, GNNS sensors, satellite modems, smartphones/tablets, etc.
A set of complementary user stories allow the in-depth investigation of multiple cross-border issues for CAM, e.g. service & session continuity, inter-PLMN HO latency, application status transfer across border, security/privacy, etc. A multitude of 5G relevant technologies/ features/ enablers and various network and application configurations are tested during the trials.
Measurements allow to assess the CAM-level experience of users, as well as the 5G performance at different layers (application, transport, access) and network segments (access, edge and planes). The performance evaluation and analysis investigate aspects such as: NSA/SA to SA/NSA roaming, GRX vs direct network interconnection, Home Routing (HR) vs Local Break Out (LBO) routing, inter-MEC connectivity alternatives, multi-PLMN/multi-SIM solutions, handover to satellite, multi-edge/multi-instance CAM application deployment, GDPR and data management solutions and more.