5G-Blueprint Forum on Teleoperation
5G-Blueprint has announced its first Forum on Teleoperation. Organized in collaboration with the Teleoperation Consortium and the National Institute of Standards and Technology, the event will stimulate an open and honest discussion on teleoperation in the context of transport and logistics, its potential and limitations, existing application scenarios, also looking at legal, regulatory, and standardization aspects. Don't miss this forum on 2 December to hear from international experts from across industry, academia, and policy.
By gathering top experts from industry, academia, and policy, 5G-Blueprint Forum on Teleoperation aims to create a platform for dialogue on teleoperation in the context of transport and logistics, its potential and limitations, existing application scenarios, also looking at the legal and regulatory aspects. The first edition of 5G-Blueprint Forum on Teleoperation will be held online, and, among others, will address the following questions:
- What are the principal benefits of teleoperation?
- What are the technical and operational challenges?
- What logistics challenges need to be addressed in the supply chain to make teleoperation work?
- Teleoperation as a new career path.
- What is the role of teleoperation in the roadmap to autonomous transport?
- Regulatory challenges to teleoperation: is a common regulatory framework a possibility?
For free registration to the forum, click here.
Moderator: Wim Vandenberghe, Senior Adviser, Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management
14:00 – 14:15 Opening
- Cyril Krykwinski, Programme & Policy Officer at DG CONNECT, European Commission
- Wim Vandenberghe, Senior Adviser, Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management
14:15 – 15:00 EU-funded projects that address teleoperation
- 5G-Blueprint – Johann Marquez Barja, imec
- 5GCroCo – Tobias Müller, BOSCH
- 5G-Mobix – Coen Bresser, ERTICO
15:00 – 16:00 Panel discussion – From vision to reality: teleoperation as a solution to the industry’s structural challenges
- Lynne Canavan, Real-Time Innovations
- Amit Rosenzweig, Ottopia
- Martin Kralik, Roboauto
- Jelle Schepens, The North Sea Port
- Siraj Ahmed Shaikh, Institute of Future Transport and Cities
16:00 – 17:00 Panel discussion – Legal, regulatory and standardisation aspects
- Scott J. McCormick, Teleoperation Consortium, Connected Vehicle Trade Association
- Yasmine Fage, Goggo Network
- Yunpeng Zang, Ericsson, 5GAA
- Tao Zhang, National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Geerd Kakes or Matthijs Klepper, KPN